Carolyn Washburn, editor of The Cincinnati Enquirer, says cutbacks require that news leaders define their "unique role" in the news ecosystem - as a watchdog, for example. To focus, smaller newsrooms also need to stop doing some things.
Transformative leadership: Focus the mission
Latest Blog Posts
- What does it mean to go native?
- France’s digital kiosk boosts revenue four-fold, secures new financing
- Flipboard and Pulse try two very different tactics for tilling the mobile revenue landscape
- Looking to engage your audience on a new platform? Why not stage a magazine.
- Sale of the FT: Does Pearson protest too much?